- 45 – 65mS up-shift times typical (Data logging graph). This reduces lap times but also requires less effort from the driver/rider, which reduces lap times further.
- 80 - 100mS down-shift times typical (Data logging graph). This also reduces lap times along with making braking and corner entry smoother with less chance of driving wheels losing traction.
- Gear dog wear reduced due to speed and accuracy of quicker up-shifts compared to manual shifting.
- Faster/Safer when cornering as power delivery to drive wheels is more constant.
- Increased control for Drivers with both hands on the steering wheel. Faster down shift times when used with a throttle blipper allowing later braking and less physical effort.
More to follow....